Evan C. Barrett, CFP®, ChFC, CLU, RICP is the owner and lead advisor for Barrett Planning Group, Inc., a financial life management company.
Our Mission At Barrett Planning Group, we help you make great decisions about your money so that you may live your best life possible. We provide planning, ongoing advice, and accountability.
Our ideal client is a coachable financial delegator.
Your Life: Simplified There are aspects of your life which cannot be delegated to others: your health, your career, time with your family, vacations, self-improvement, etc. We encourage our ideal client community to focus on these activities, and to delegate to professionals everything else. Do what you are great at and hire experts to handle the rest.
What we do, in a nutshell
1. Organize your financial life. (“Let’s get a clear picture of what we are working with.”)
2. Streamline everything for efficiencies. (“Let’s clean up a few obvious things.”)
3. Plan for the future & set the course. (“Now we map out the life you want and build it.”)
• BPG’s focus begins with helping you articulate your core values and tangible goals that require money and planning to achieve. After all, an architect can’t design your perfect house without first knowing what that house must have and what you hope it can have.
• We advise holistically: meaning we consider and review your investments, real estate,insurances, income, expenses (household budget), taxes, estate and legacy desires, along with the qualitative aspects of your life, to create the most efficient pathway to success. Armed with this knowledge, we design a blueprint—an actionable game plan—for you and us to follow as we build the life you want. We lead and coordinate with your other professional advisors, most prominently your CPA and attorney.
• We discover with you how you make decisions about money so that we can better prepare for those life moments when you will be inclined to do the “wrong thing.” We coach you through these moments to help you stay true to yourself and the life you want.
A plan is nothing unless it is implemented. But even that is not enough. It must be adjusted as life happens because life never goes exactly as planned. Our greatest value derives from monitoring and modifying your plan through all of your life’s ups and downs, and guiding your behavior and choices throughout.
Evan Barrett holds the professional designations of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®), Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®), Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®) and Retirement Income Certified Professional® (RICP®). He was awarded the professional certification of Retirement Planning Specialist from The Wharton School (UPenn). He belongs to the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
Evan was born and raised in Lawrenceville, New Jersey. He graduated from The Johns Hopkins University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science and a minor in Psychology. After graduating, Evan moved to New York City where he worked for over a decade in the entertainment industry in various capacities from stage, film and television performer to talent agent and then to running his own production company. He has worked in as a financial life manager since 2008.
Evan moved to Los Angeles in 2006 and now resides in Tarzana, CA, with his wife and young daughters. In his free time Evan enjoys golf and training in Krav Maga.